Birth – Kindergarten
Partnering with parents to capture the hearts of our preschoolers for Jesus!
Objective: for preschoolers to realize:
- God made them
- God loves them
- Jesus is their friend
Our strategy to accomplish this:
- Teach basic truths through active learning.
- Provide a safe, clean, loving, nurturing environment where basic needs are met and parents can feel secure about leaving their child in our care.
- Training new parents.
- Training for parents and preschool teachers throughout each year.
- Nurture families by providing childcare and family-oriented activities throughout the year.
- Encourage consistent feedback from parents and preschool teachers to ensure we are meeting our vision, objectives and strategies.
Preschool Park is the core ministry in the teaching of preschoolers at Wedgwood.
Sunday Morning Bible Study
Preschool on Sunday will help preschoolers:
- Learn that God loves them
- Learn that God created them special
- Learn that God gives us the bible to teach us about Him
- Give them experience in a social environment with other children their age
- Sunday Groups meet every Sunday from 9 a.m. to 10:20 a.m.
- Child care continues with Worship Curriculum during 2nd hour from 10:20am-12:00 noon.
- Children are placed in classes according to their birthdate on or before September 1 of each year. This allows children to stay with their own age group when they promote from kindergarten to 1st grade and Children’s Ministry.
- Classes are led by 1 adult Lead Teacher and 1 adult Helper along with youth/student volunteers on a rotation basis.
Sunday Preschool Park utilizes Lifeway’s Gospel Project. The Gospel Project for Kids takes our preschoolers on a chronological journey through scripture. It is a 3 year study plan and children will see how the Bible is not a series of unrelated stories, but one big story about God’s plan for salvation. This curriculum brings out 99 core doctrines as well as gospel application. All of Wedgwood’s Sunday School Groups utilize this curriculum to better help parents to have discipleship discussions with their children regarding the scripture being studied. Preschoolers through adults are “all on the same page” in regards to what is studied on Sunday morning.
Wednesday P.M. Preschool Activities
Wednesday preschool activities will help preschoolers:
- Learn about their church, community, feelings, God’s creation, Bible times with a missions emphasis and bible skill taught each week as well.
- Team Kids – 6:00pm-7:30pm – Ages 3 and up
- Child Care – 6:00pm-7:30pm – Ages 2 – and under – Bible Story and activities
- Team Kid – This curriculum balances high-energy activities and games with high-impact Bible lessons, mission studies and life application for discipleship.
- Ages 2 and under – provide Bible story lesson and activities age appropriate
Mothers of Preschoolers
MOPS International encourages and equips moms of young children to realize their potential as mothers, women, and leaders, in relationship with Jesus, and in partnership with Wedgwood Baptist Church. Every mom is so impacted by her MOPS experience that she carries it with her for life, making her a better mom who creates a better world.
We want every woman who steps through the door at MOPS to feel at home. That’s why we think food, coffee and hugs are always a good idea. Atmosphere and words make all the difference in providing a safe space where every mom feels more like herself when she enters.
WELCOMING TO ALL WOMEN
We’ve all been placed in this time and space in history as a tribe of women who are raising the world together. And the beauty of it is that we don’t all have to agree with one another, but everyone is in and we all need each other. Every mom is embraced at MOPS.
Moms have the ability to do big things. MOPS wants to help every woman gain the confidence to use their voice to change the world. That’s why we challenge women to lead.
INSPIRING TOWARD A FAITH JOURNEY
MOPS strives to talk about faith in a way that inspires every woman toward Jesus. We hope that every mom experiences who God created her to be and finds her purpose. Intentionally connecting Wedgwood Baptist Church and the MOPS group to help moms grow in faith.
CREATING A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR EVERY MOM REGARDLESS OF HER FAITH BACKGROUND
Committed to authenticity and vulnerability in our own journey so that others see the true reality of following Jesus.
Sometimes we need a wise woman who has been there, done that, to bounce ideas off that’s why we love MOPS Mentors. They provide sage advice and willing ears.
Moppets is childcare provided for preschoolers ages infant through four years old at no cost and reservations are required. We also provide a home school room (kindergarten age and up) so that moms can attend MOPS who have older children that are homeschooled and preschoolers who attend Moppets.